Monday 7 November 2011

I will hide My face from them...

God Sometimes Withdraws
His Protection and Favor

At times God may withdraw his protection and favor...At times [H]e merely allows us to reap the natural consequences of our own actions. While [H]is hand of protection is on us we succeed, but if [H]e removes it we may encounter great difficulties....


God said to Moses that his people would forsake God and worship other gods. God said, "On that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them and they will be destroyed" (Deuteronomy 31:17)....

God warned his chosen people Israel that when they entered Canaan and prospered, "then your heart will become proud and you will forget the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery." "You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth" (Deuteronomy 8:14, 17). He went on to warn them that "If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods... you will surely be destroyed... you will be destroyed for not obeying the Lord your God" (Deuteronomy 8:19-20)....

I suggest that we need to be careful that we do not lose God's protection and favor. His word is clear, "Unless the Lord build the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain" (Psalm 127:1).

Taken & adapted

on 2011-11-07

with thanks from:

Copyright © 2002 by James L. Morrisson
www.ScriptureInsights.com.


No comments: